Translate

Friday 19 September 2014

The big one, or my west coast adventures. Day 10

Well it's a rest day today, no riding, but still full of fun.  Still, I got up way too early,  that time zone change still gets you for a couple of days. Of course, the usual motel breakfast, ok,  but the coffee still bites. Hopefully I can get one in old town before I take the "Breaking Bad" RV tour. That's the tour I've decided on.

Breaking Bad RV Tours.


But before I do that, I have to head to the bank,  budget wise I'm doing ok. First ATM withdrawal since the trip started. Then onto Starbucks, as I need a good Latte, plus I need to use up that birthday reward before it expires.  Free always tastes the best. So now I park the bike in a nearby hotel, (hotels never ticket or tow out of town vehicle's) and walk down to old town Albuquerque where the tour starts.



Luckly for me a few people have missed the tour due to their flight being late.  The next couple of days are booked solid. Just in case you are wondering, no it's not the same one from the series. We were told, if they use a camper in "Better call Saul" it will be this one.


 Garcia's is the place where Mike had his meetings.
 The Pinkman house.

The driveway is way smaller than it looks.

 Notice what's on the poll?

The wash Tub is just down the street from the "Dog house", and it's also on Route 66. I passed it on the way in, but I wasn't sure it was the actual one. So you could do your laundry, and while it was cleaning, go to the dog house.


Closer to downtown is Tuco's headquarters.  It's a coffee shop with people having coffee outside. Also not all that far from the DEA building.
 Next is the tiki bar where some dealing goes on. 




The DEA building that Hank works at, and guess what, it is a real DEA building.



No kids riding bmx bikes today. The neighborhood is as skichy as it seems on TV. Just down the street is the railroad buildings.




From here were down the metal recyclers. This is where they crushed the motor home and did a lot of other scenes.





Need some acid resistant container's? This is where to go. Next were on to "Los Pollos Hermanos". The lama and ostrich are in a lot right next to the restaurant.  The cast and crew used yo play with them. 





See the sign for the best burrito,  it's true. I had the build your own breakfast burrito. Since I'll be passing this way when leaving, I'm going to be stopping in again. It was that good.


I always wondered what they served here as it was blanked out in the series. Now I know, Coke! Or for me, Dr. Pepper.


A nice friendly restaurant and worth the tour just to come here. 





I tried to upload a video,  hopefully it works this time.

The car wash was just sold and they are upgrading it, so we couldn't go in 😢



Cooking at the car wash.  Now we're on to WW's house. Which you can actually check in/at/on Facebook. 






The tour guide was telling us some great stories of people just dropping by throwing pizza's on the roof, some crack head camped outside the house for 3 days cause "Walter" told him too, etc. The pool in back is real, but everything inside is done on a stage.







The laundry was cool and only a couple of blocks from where I was staying. Need to get out of town? Go here and ask for a hoover with 2 belts.




Need an excuse why you've been gone awhile. Just go here and take off your clothes.  Also, just down the street from my motel.

The guys working at the RV tour today, are some of the same guys that were on the show as extras. We did go to more locations, but the pics aren't all that great. 

There are 3 tours that you can take. The trolley tour, the RV tour (the one I took) and the limo tour. I was really happy with the RV tour.  The guides had bit parts in the show and know there stuff. From here I did the tourist bit in old town Albuquerque. 




The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and chilling out. It is a rest day.



No comments:

Post a Comment