Translate

Monday 18 November 2019

To Disney, or not to Disney




Day 22



I'm up early, but it's no big thing, as I was going to go to Disney. But I really didn't feel like

going today. I guess the cold and the grey sky kind of puts a dampener on things.

That's no problem as I have 2 days of blogs to catch up, and I can do International 

Dr. and all the shopping that goes with it. Plus I'm here to Thursday, so tomorrow

I will hit one of the parks. Anyway, I finish up the blogs by 9 am, and hit the road

around 9:30 am. My motel is right at the bottom of International Dr. So I start at

the bottom and head up. From coming this way, you can see there is lots of room

for development along International Dr. First stop the Outlet Mall across from

Disneyworld. It's early, so there is lots of parking. I walk through and find

and find nothing. I was going to look in the Disney outlet store, until I saw this.





There are actualy 2 lines to get in, and it's only 10:30 am on a Sunday. Though it is a

big travel day for a lot of people, so I guess they are getting in some last minute shopping.

So, don't go to the Disney Outlet store on Sunday mornings. From here I get back on

International drive. From here to the convention center is mostly resorts, one after

another. After the convention center it becomes Lundy's Lane on steroids. Of course

there is a Ripley's believe it or not, plus 10's, if not 100's of other tourist traps. The

only one of interest was Hogan's beach shop.




I didn't go in, but I might go back.




With about 2/3 rds of International Dr done, I head over to Whole Foods for some

Lunch. My favourite soup is in stock, Lobster bisque, so I grab cup and a pizza slice. Then

off to Wallyworld to get some keys cut for the storage locker. Then back to International

Dr. and finish it. I didn't see anything else of intrest, so to the end, and the other Orlando

Outlet mall my Universal Studio's. This place is a zoo for parking, so after doing a circuit

of the mall and finding nothing, I sneak my bike into the $10 paid parking. If the bike can

fit through the barriers, well..




I needed to get a backup cord for my headphones, so in I go. Of course I end up walking

out with a little travel speaker.




Still a line up here as well, but not as bad as the other outlet mall.                                                  

That's because no one can find parking!




More Star Wars product placement. Who knew stormtroopers wore Levis when off

duty?  Anyway, I do a circuit of the mall and find nothing, though the nice lady at the

Citizen watch store let me know that Citizen will send me up to 3 watch band links free.


From here, it's back to the hotel to catch up on some things, but first, I'm running low

on supplies, so a stop at Publix is in order.




After 3 weeks on the road, the usual snacks are just not cutting it. So in the British section

I find a few snacks from home.




Never thought I'd see a Coffee Crisp down here, but I'll take it, that and some wine gums, and

a mint Aero bar.




You could do lunch with all the free samples at Publix, the Butterball turkey was perfect.




Enjoying some snacks, updating the blog and watching some YouTube. Just wasting a bit

of time until the movie starts.




I head down to "The Loop", which is Kissimmee's big outdoor mall. It's only 15 minutes

from the hotel. I go and see the new Terminator movie. It was good.  It does get dark early,

so when the movie is finished, it is dark. From here I head over to Universal Studios for a

stroll down CityWalk.  After 6 pm, parking is free, so why not?




Just in case I forget where I park. How come when you take a picture like this, you have

no problem finding your car?, and I mean that you don't even go back and look at this pic.

But if you don't take a pic, your wondering around for a 1/2 hour looking for your car?




Lot's coming out, a few going in. The problem is that Universal closes their park at 6 pm.

Personally I think that is way too early, especially since for a all park daypass it costs $249.





Someone forgot his Leatherman was on him, so back to the bike to drop it off. I don't

want that confiscated.





Lot's of people leaving, you should see the line ups for the shuttle buses.




Not so many going in.





I wouldn't actually mind playing the mini golf. So, on this point, traveling alone sucks.




Definitely one way traffic.






I wander around, ton's of restaurants, but I'm not hungry from eating all that popcorn at

the movie theatre, so I keep wandering.




Now, if they could turn this into a Wonka Chocolate factory, it would be perfect. Thinking

about it, A Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory ride. Now that could be something.





Just doing the loop around Universal. Some good pictures though.





Everyone around the universal globe getting pictures.




I like how the lettering is backward.




I thought about it, the lineup was too long, and really, do I need another donut?





Hopefully this was a vietbodge, they even welded up the levers. So, is CityWalk worth

making the trip for? I gotta say no, there just isn't the amount of shops compared to

Disney.  From here it's a drive back on I-4 back to the hotel. It was a good day, I got a

lot of things seen and done.


Mileage, I did not check

No comments:

Post a Comment