Translate

Sunday 17 November 2019

My vacation from my vacation, or Orlando.




Day 21



Back in Key West, I noticed what could be a crack in the hitch for the trailer.

When I got to Orlando, and checked again, it was a crack. So I've got a badly

designed hitch, or just could be the most unlucky guy. When I get back I'll be

giving him a call.






It probably could make it to Tampa, but why take the chance. So I'll be getting a storage

locker here. It's cool here this morning, and grey. The temps are in the high 50's. With

a high around the mid 60's.  I work on the previous day's blog, then lose a hour and 1/2

work, as it didn't save it, not a fun morning.


I put on 2 sweaters and head out. The airport is on the other side of town. So, it's about

1/2 hour to get there. The first place doesn't accept gasoline vehicle's for inside storage,

but, tell me a place down the street does. Bingo, second place is good to go. There are

lots guys with motorcycles who do the same, store their bikes and fly in, the storage 

guy was telling me. 5X10, $45 a month.

Which is half the price I paid in Vegas. I do all the paperwork and drop the trailer off. 

It should still be good for around town. I even asked about charging the battery back

up when I come back, which they said would be no problem. It's US Storage Center,

by Orlando International Airport. I've got a week off in late February, so I'll fly

in, charge up the battery and I'm good to go. Saves paying for a rental car.




The bike does feel good with all that weight off it. Today is pawn shop day. There are

lots of shops around this area. I end up hitting around 20 of them. You learn really quick

that the independent shops have the better deals and selection, most of the time.  The

worse ones charge full new item retail for their pawned goods.




I'm interested, but as usual, I've got to do my research. It's only 1 of 3 watches which I actually

liked. Two of those I found yesterday. But if you don't look, you can't find. After doing my

research, it ended up being overpriced, even with haggling it would still be too high.







There's a Cajun seafood shack in one of the strip plaza's. So I grab some Crawfish

for lunch, messy, but good.




I have these Samsung speakers at home. So I took a pic to remind me that

a shop has them. Problem, now I can't remember which shop it was.



I decide to go back to one of yesterdays pawn shops, a independent by the way.

The only thing, I have to brush up on how to spot a counterfeit Mudmaster. Mostly

sold on Fleabay, but it's a sad world, but people are even copying cheap watches.



YouTube to the rescue:


How to identify Real vs Fake G-Shock Watches!



With that info, I head inside. $90 cash, out the door, and yes it was real. New, they

are around $200 on Fleabay. So good deal, as this one is just about perfect.





I see a Waffle House, and even though it shocked some people that I've never been, I asked

on Facebook, should I go? The answer for the most part was yes. If I do get breakfast, I usually

stick to local diners, and for the most part, have been excellent. So I guess sometime this week

I'll give them a try.





The hotel is just down the road. I relax, catch up on some blogging and download "The 

Man in the High Castle". At least I know what I will be watching on the flight back home.

Still haven't decided on what I want to do tomorrow, Disney, Universal, or International St.

We shall see.





Todays mileage

Around 50 miles or 80 km. I didn't actually mark it down, and I'm to lazy to go down 

and check

No comments:

Post a Comment