Translate

Saturday 23 November 2019

Disney, Day 2






Day 25


Another great summers day (or at last me trying to extend it). Actually, that's really worked

out for the most part.  Today I head back to Disney for my second day. Since I got a

mid day pass, I can chill, and catch up on the blog. Since I kind of know how it works,

I'll leave earlier, and head over to take some pictures of the big mural at the

Contemporary resort. Below is a picture of the pond behind the hotel. I've been

told that there is a Alligator in there, but have never be able to see him.





Since the Waffle House breakfast worked so well last time I went to Disney, I head back and have

some more.






No chili this time, but I kind of miss it.





So, I finally get to see the Alligator from my room. If you look real closely, you can

see him. I'd say he/she is about 3 feet long. By the time I got downstairs, when I was

leaving, he/she was gone. Not a bad picture from the 7th floor and zoom.



I get over to Disney Springs and park. This time, I know where to head, and go to the

bus terminal. Guess what? At 10 am, there are no buses running to any of the resorts

on the monorail. I'm guessing that they really don't want you parking for free, so they

make it as hard as they can.

So no going to the Contemporary to check out the mural.  So I catch

the bus to Fort Wilderness. If I ever buy a camper, this is one of the places it will be

coming to. The bus drops me off, and, with a 15 minute wait for the next bus to Animal

Kingdom, so I walk around Fort Wilderness. It is checkout time, so there are lots

of campers of all sizes leaving.





They have horse riding here as well as trail rides. They have lot's of things for you to do,

so much, that you don't even have to go to one of the parks.

There is also boat service directly to the Magic Kingdom.

 They have a TV monitor with next bus arriving. I jump on and

head over to The Animal Kingdom.





On the bus, I'm just wondering what the electrified fence is supposed to keep you

from going into?, and why isn't the other way around?





I get to Animal Kingdom about 20 minutes early, so why not try on some stuff at the gift

shop just outside the park. I actually think it kind of works for me. I go up to the gate at 11:45 am,

 and guess what? They actually let me in 15 minutes early.






These I wanted to get for work for pointing at green dots at work. It's a subway thing.




I just follow the signs.




If you look closely, you can see the back end of a anteater. They don't move very

quickly, but quickly enough that, that's all I got in the picture.




The tree from Avatar, another movie that I'll get around to seeing, and after seeing the

ride, it might be sooner than later.




Busy, but not too busy.





The real thing, not the stick them in the ground kind. They are kind of noisy.




I guess I'm close.





I gotta admit, they did it well. Avatar land looks well done.




Now for the bad news. There were never any FastPasses for this ride. People who stay at the

resorts took them, as they get earlier access to the FastPasses. Most of the good rides at Disney are

not available on FastPass. That is, for people who book at the last minute, like me.

I'll try and remember that when I go back in February.

I gotta say I like the way Disney California does it. But there are no MaxiPasses in

Florida. Wait time is 155 minutes for the Avatar ride. I actually don't think it will be this long.

But I want to go on, so...




So I wait.....




The effects that are around you when you are standing in line are great, the problem is

that you really don't move that much.




It took around a hour to get here. Where the real effects start.




I think I'll watch the movie when I get home.




The effects do get better as you get to the front of the line.




Well, now I know how big they are actually are.




With the line moving slowly, you got plenty of time to look.





One of the better effects.





Almost there.




Doing the decontamination part of the ride. From here your on the ride. The problem,

the restraints would not go up to my legs. End of the day, I couldn't ride. It happens.

The only bonus is that you get some free FastPasses, and since I took it so well, she

threw in a extra one. It is what it is, you can either get upset and let it ruin your day,

and nothing is going to ruin my day. I head over to Epcot and where my next FastPass

is, but in trying to book one FastPass, I un book the one at Epcot. So from the bus, I

hit up the monorail.






Me saying goodbye to Epcot. That's the problem with a Park hopper, you waste a lot of time

jumping from park to park.




The monorail drops me off at the transportation hub, and I decide to take the ferry

over to the Magic Kingdom. I'm not in a hurry. Since it's already late afternoon. I go

with my usual park lunch, fries. This time I get Mac & Cheese fries. Believe it or not,

it actually works.




Those "Free" FastPasses are not for any of the really good rides. Thank god, I did most

of them when I was in Disneyland. The first one is for Winnie the Pooh. There were

2 of us in the car, and guess what? I wasn't the oldest one!






As I'm finding out, most Disney rides are better than you think they are going to be.




At least this picture came kind of out.




There's lots to see.




Rides and my phone camera don't really seem to go together.




But as I know, they could be worse.





That one actually came out not to bad.




Most of the ride is back lit.




I'd say 20 -30 minute wait is what this ride is worth.




Not a huge wait anyway. But a solid ride.




The Peoplemover was down last time I was here, but not today. About a 20 minute wait.




I got a car all to myself.






Not the best selfie. I guess I'm looking a bit tired. But it's been a long day.




We head towards the Carousel of Progress.




Where we head inside.





Walt Disney's actual plan for Epcot. A city were people lived and worked. He passed

away before it came together,





What the future is going to be like?




I've been down there before. Now I'm up top, looking down.




Tomorrowland Speedway. Not today, but it's fun.




Heading towards Space mountain. This is "Tron" the coaster being built. They have one

in Tokyo, it will be amazing. Always something new to keep you coming back.




Heading inside Space Mountain.










There is more in here than I though there would be. Plus it open to the ride, so you

can hear the screams. Not really, but you can hear the Space Mountain cars go by.




You head into one other building, and they have a few more displays.





That looks like fun.









It looks like a early linear induction coil.






Another selfie by the castle.





I got a FastPass for the Haunted House. After seeing The "Tim Burton" Christmas Haunted

House in California, I can't wait to see what is happening here.




The pet cemetery.








The horseless carriage.




The lines move ok if you have a FastPass, if not, not so much.




I didn't notice at first.
















I finally noticed the movement, so here's a video of some of what the stone does.






So by actually looking at the video, they raise the roof here in Florida to get the

effect of going down.





My high standards are back.




That actually come out ok.




I actually ended up getting better pictures here than in California.





They just look spooky enough.











Actually it was a big disappointment for me. I was expecting Tim Burton and all I got

was the regular Hunted House. If you can, head to Disneyland to see it.

It's starting to get dark, so time for some dinner, but the park food really doesn't

appeal to me. So I'm going to head over to Disney Springs for some dinner.











Well that's about all folks. At Disney Springs I head back over to the Earl of Sandwich

for another French Dip. The question is? Do I want the hassle of heading all the way back,

or should I just head back to the hotel. Since tomorrow is a early day, with me having to

make 2 trips to the storage locker, I head back to the hotel.



Maybe 5 miles on the bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment