Translate

Monday 11 November 2019

So, you want to see a live rocket launch?




Day 15



Otherwise known as, Get to the Space-coast to watch a launch live day. I get up,

do the 3 S's, and hit the road at 7 am. But because I have one time zone left to go,

it's already 8 am. It's Sunday, so it's quite, but it's cold. Around the upper 40's. I'm

not freezing, but, I'm missing those long johns. I've got around 1/2 a tank left, so first

stop is about 1 hour riding time. It's a quick stop, with some Burger King cheesie

tot's for breakfast. With a full tank, the next stop is 2 hours later. Though I'm 

running low on cash, so I hit a local bank. No dice, no money. I've got enough to 

make it to my final stop, plus I've got credit cards. So no worries. The only good

part is that XM radio has upped their game on covering the Premier League. They

had both games on. Though I did have to suffer listening to the ManU game, the

Liverpool game was worth it. After all that they even covered the MLS final. 







That's after the no money bank. You can get a lot for $5 at Wendy's. Traffic on Interstate 10

was good all the way to Jacksonville, but it picked up on I-295.  Heading south on

Interstate 95 from Jacksonville all the way to Interstate 4, which is the turn off for

Orlando, was like doing the QEW on a Sunday night, with everyone heading home.

Not fun, and Florida drivers are just like drivers back at home, bad. The only nice part is                   
that at the last stop, around the Palm Coast for gas, I was able to ditch my cold weather

gear for something more warmer. It had finally gotten up to 70 degrees. I make it

to my motel in Titusville, which is just down the street from the Kennedy Space

Center. Though I wanted to stay in Cocoa Beach, the rates just were not that good

this time. I unload my stuff, start charging my other stuff (intercom radio's, etc.)

Then put on the last of my clean clothes and head down to the laundromat.




This machine lied. It started out as 45 minutes, and a hour and a bit later, I finally

got my clean clothes. I like front loaders, and for the extra time, my clothes were really

clean.




This place was busy, and got even busier after I left.




Actually, the dryer worked well, 25 minutes later, and they were dry enough to take back to the

room.



This thing could eat anything. Need to wash your car, no problem. Kids not taking baths,

no problem. Mud covered after a run, no problem.  So I picked up some supplies from 

the supermarket next store. Then back to the room and off to bed.


Mileage today 491 miles or 790 km

Total for this part of the trip

3307 miles or 5322 km

No comments:

Post a Comment