Translate

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Disney day One





Day 23



As usual, I wake up early, work on the blog and have a coffee. I watch the sun come

up and check the weather. It' looks like the cold front has passed, and it will be sunny

and back into the 70's. They sell Disney tickets downstairs, so down I go. You get the

discount if you go on a Vacation prestation for 90 minutes. I actually say yes, as the 

discount on the tickets was worth it. As you can see by my adventures, timeshare don't 

even remotely appeal to me. So buying one will never happen. Since I'm single and 

not married, I didn't qualify. So anyway, I book online. 2 day Mid-day park hopper. 

Since I don't have to be at the park until noon, time for some breakfast.




It's $8.99 at the hotel, which for the price is ok, but survey says, Waffle House. I started

to walk, but after checking google maps, I decided to take the bike instead.




Making sure I know the mileage this time.




Actually a really small waffle house, but with one or two booths open, no waiting.




Gotta get that selfie in!




I liked the menu, so I picked the hashbrowns almost smothered, with everything but

Jalapeno peppers. The coffee was good and so was the hashbrowns. Better than Denny's,

that's for sure.




Why not? They are next to the Waffle House, I might actually go back for one thing. I head

 back to the hotel.




Now, this is the type of day that makes me want to go to Disneyland. The gps takes

me on some delightful backroads around Disneyworld, and I don't mean those highways.

I'll have to do them again, when I come back Wednesday. I'm parking at Disney Springs

again. That's because you don't have to pay $25 to park. Yes, it's a bit of a hassle to get

to the park. But who cares, when the parking fee will pay for my meals for the day, or

at least most of it. After going the wrong way, taking a boat ride back to the right area,

I get to the city center buses and hop on one to the Contemporary Resort to catch a

Monorail to the park. At least the next time I visit, I'll know the right way to go.






My new favourite parking garage. Motorcycle parking right at the entrance, and it's

located right beside the escalator to Disney Springs.





This is so I remember, but also so I remember when I come back in February for a week

of winter holidays.





You got to give Disney credit, once you get on the shuttle bus, they get you there

quick. The bus drops us off right next to the hotel. Go upstairs and pass through

security, and wait for the Monorail. A couple of minutes later it arrives with lots of

room for everyone.





I wish I spent more time to look at the mural. Though hopefully I'll remember to come

back. At least in this picture I found the 5 legged ram.





For me, this is the Resort that I would like to stay in. But the decision is clear. Spend a

week here, or 4 weeks doing my cross country adventure, and you know the answer to

that. The Monorail takes you the long way around, but who cares? You're on the Monorail.  





When your on the Monorail,  you can see Disneyland from here, in the above picture,

not so much.





Anyway, I get in, walk down Main St and buy a magic band. That way I can at least

save some of my battery on my phone, plus, I always wanted a magic band.





I've been to Disney world before, but like most people, I haven't been on or seen everything. So

I hit up things I've not been on yet. The People mover is down, so its the Carousel of

Progress. Which I actually thought would be quite lame, but I liked it. The introduction,

about the worlds fare in NYC, to how the early Disney animatronics actually worked.

Then to the rotating seats. In which the audience moves and the stage stays still.






I shot a YouTube video of us moving from one stage to another. This is also when I

relished I had fast passes at Hollywood Studio's that I made yesterday. So back out of

the park and onto another shuttlebus.





It was like 10 minutes, and with being near the front of the line, no problems getting a seat.






A few late comers, so a few standing. It's a fast trip and we are at Hollywood Studio's

in 10 minutes.





The busses are outside where the gondola's drop you off. Maybe I'll get a chance later.






That's the good thing about a mid-day pass, no lines.




It looks almost the same as California, just the layout is different. I've got a Fastpass

to use over at the "Rock & Roll" Coaster. Rumor is it is up for a change soon. The

pass gets you to the front of the line quickly.






It is a good coaster, ie: I don't feel woosy like in California. The bad part, it is over

quick, maybe a little to quickly.





Me at work somedays. I grab some Texas onion rings for a light lunch. I did use the

mobile app to order ahead. It works well, and saves me time standing in line. Being

mid afternoon, there were lots of tables. My next Fastpass is the Indiana Jones

stage show. I've got a bit of time to waste, and they are letting anyone in for the

Frozen stage show. Not that I've seen any of the movies. But why not?





It was kind of funny.









A snowman dreaming of summer, that was funny and cute.




Disney does love it's bubbles. I've seen them at least 3 different times today. Frozen

does a good time of killing time, so I head right over to Indiana Jones and join the

Fastpass line. We only wait about 5 minutes before we get seated in the center part.






It's about 1/2 hour before the show starts, no problem as my phone keeps me occupied.

Then it begins.






There are 3 parts to it, the above is the first part where me meet the Indiana Jones

stuntman.




They split up the first scene to let you know how things are done.





Indiana Jones showing off some of his whip skills.





They bring the plane out.





And just like the movie, Indiana Jones kills the bad guy and saves the day.





Exit at the souvenir shop. I can't even be bothered to go in.






It's getting dark, so time for dinner and some pizza. Nothing special, but they did throw in a free

salad.




This part of the park was quite, and while I'm sitting down, time to change/add the battery

pack on. The phone did well, I got 6 hours of hard us out of it.





Fun labels on the garbage, though I'll use that picture for work.





As I was walking by the Muppets theater, the next show was about to start, so why not?












Wocka, wocka, wocka.





These where good, though I only got 3 of them before the doors opened.











Enough in the pre-show to keep you occupied.





Not overly busy, but that isn't a bad thing.





They start the show. The 3D effects are good, as well as the show. The question is,

Disney spent loads of money buying the Muppets. But what have they done with the

franchise lately?





Let's have a look at the giftshop.





Nothing of interest. Time to head over to Star Wars land.





The one thing you notice right away is, that it is more roomier than California.





The layout is different, but it is a different park.





There is such a feeling of Deja vu, it looks the same, but isn't. It's busy, but since

I've already done the ride, I can just look around and enjoy.





Into the marketplace.





Kid size speeders, and if Disney could sell you one, they would.





A hunk of roasting love.






It does look better at night then during the day.





Disney California does have a better walk-up to the Falcon.





The line for the Catalina was long. From what I understand, it is worth going in.





The reason I came, to pick up a thermal detonator. This has to go the long way home

as TSA will not allow them on planes. Though on checking, it says TSA has backed

down. Still, I'll take it home the long way.




One day, I will make this happen. Stout stormtroopers unite!





I go out the other exit of Star Wars land, which drops me in Toyland. Which is

by far, the busiest part of the park. 90 minute waits don't appeal to me.






It's nice, but I don't feel the tug strings that I feel from other lands.




From here I decide to hit up the Gondola's and take a ride over to Epcot. There are no

lines to hop on. I even get my own gondola.






Look at that skill, you can see me and the outside, both at the same time. Almost

Hunted Mansion like.






Another skilled abstract shot from the gondola.





It's fast, it's quick, and if you have the chance to use it. go for it. One of these days

I have to take the Monorail around Epcot.





Since the gondola's drop you off at the back side. I get a chance to walk trough the

park at night. They do the dome up nice. Spaceship Earth is another ride due for a

year shutdown. So I might as well get in one last ride.




No wait line, so you just walk on.






Scary stuff.





The ride stops a couple of times, which allows me to actually get a good photo.




















The best animatronic in the park.




Looks like a bad Star Trek episode. I wonder if Disney will buy them as well.




After 4 pm it's easy to get back to Disney Springs. Though if coming back to the park,

you still will have to go to a Resort first. So 10 minutes for the bus, and 10 minutes to get

back to Disney Springs.




Not to many people going to Disney Springs, though when I get there, I end up checking

a higher end watch shop. Thank god I didn't buy anything that I'd regret the next day.

Onto the bike and back to the hotel. Overall, a good day at Disney.



No comments:

Post a Comment