Translate

Thursday 14 November 2019

Homestead to Key West




Day 18



I get up around sunrise and have a coffee. Today is the big day, a big bucket list item to

be checked off. I do the 3's and pack up. Today I get to play with the GoPro, so we'll

see how that works out. 





All this crap for one nights stay. The fried rice container holds the creamers for my

coffee. I'm awake enough that I took the pictures with clothes on .





I can't say I'm the neatest guy, but I'll pack up soon enough. A ok room for the price.

Plus I got a good nights sleep.





This is were all the great writing happens. Or, me catching up on some soccer news.




The bike all fueled up and ready to go. Just gotta pack everything up.




Sunrise at the Super 8. Looks like it's going to be a great day.




Actually a great idea for a place to eat your breakfast. The bike's all loaded up, time

to hit the road. It's 8:30 am, but it's still early enough to miss most of the traffic.

Remember, one road in, one road out. I don't need the gps today.





I'm not in a hurry, so I stop for a coffee and some breakfast bacon egg bits.





There are a ton of dive shops here. Almost every mall has one or 2.




I move the GoPro up to where the phone was. The drive down was good.





The famous blue wall divider. For me is the beginning of the Keys.




Just some of the shops along the Overseas highway. As you can guess. this is me

playing around with my GoPro. The mounting point is on the side of the bike.





The Gopro app allows you to see what your recording or taking pictures with. So with

that, I moved the GoPro up to a higher point. This was taken on one of the longer

bridges that go from Key to Key. The temperatures were in the high 80's. So it was

just about perfect. Traffic was a lot better than when I came down last time. It took

around 4 hours from the start in Homestead, to Key West. Though I did make a

few stops for a few Pawn shops.




I did find this watch at the last pawn shop I visited, which by the way was actually

a good shop. Here's a lesson on why I never buy on impulse. He wanted $1400. I ask

on how low will you go. He check's on his computer and says "$1000 cash". I take my

pics and maybe I'll come back later. Guess what, $600 new on eBay. I don't like being

played. So on that account alone I wouldn't buy. Some pawn shops try and charge

outrageous prices. Though he did have a keyboard for my tablet for $15 that I will

probably go back and buy, just to have a spare.




There it is, the picture of me at mile marker 0. Mission accomplished. Though there

is a bit of sadness that the great adventure is over. So now I can enjoy the second part

of my vacation. Sightseeing.




A ride up Duval St with the GoPro.




Cheaper date night. What can go wrong with a $3 bottle of red wine?


Duval st. in Key West was busy, I think there was a cruse ship in town. Anyway I'm

coming back for the Sunset Ceremony in Mallory Square tomorrow. So I check out the

rest of Key West's pawn shops and slowly head back to Marathon, to where my motel

room is for the next couple of days.




The motel is right on the beach.




Parking on the beach, though, I don't think that will work for the bike.




That's my little room for the next couple of days. I like it.




Though, I have to watch out for falling coconuts.





Plus I'd better make sure that I don't put the bike under one.





American's, please, these are not Smarties!





Sunset at the resort.





Maybe a dip in the ocean, if I get around to it.




It was just a really nice day to end an adventure. The Key's never disappoint, and this

time of the year is a perfect time to visit. I relax, though, due to a delivery truck, there is

no internet on my side of the resort. I have to head over to the other side. I watch a movie 

and head to sleep. Tomorrow awaits.


Today's mileage 211 miles or 340 km. Though, it felt longer.

Total for this part of the trip

3972 miles or 6392 km



No comments:

Post a Comment