Translate

Friday 21 July 2017

On to Cleveland and Tiki land.




Day 11



Since I'm only a few hours riding time from Cleveland, I can take it easy, and check out late. That allows me to catch up on the blog and relax. Since I didn't do any pics yesterday, I'll make a better effort today.





Since my computer decided it would be a good time for a update, I head downstairs for my morning coffee.




Well, I'm not the only one who's ridden here, and NJ plates as well. I wonder if they came from Atlantic City too ?





The famous motel/hotel free breakfast. Really, if you've been to one, you've seen all. Still using the Starbucks instant though.


I head back up to my room, and I'm glad that I went downstairs, as the computer is still updating.




Might as well get that shower out of the way. Alas, no Bundy's today, as the motel has the Dish network. Which means 100's of channels. So I watched a bit of the "French Connection", then onto "Romancing the Stone". It's nice to have some choice. I've also got all my reservations out of the way for the trip, unless something happens.

Got this in one of my emails : Successful E-ZPass Account Replenishment (Payment) .   
  
Well, I can't complain, as it means I've used $25 up in tolls. Considering I've been on the road 11 days, and where I've gone, that's ok. On the 407 (a toll highway north of Toronto) this would be one trip.

It's 11 am, so time to pack up and go. I head over to the outlet mall, and I'll have a quick look in the Adidas store. Nothing interesting, really just the same stuff as all the other Adidas outlet stores that I've visited this trip.

I'm back on Interstate 79, up to Interstate 80, and I'm on the way to Cleveland. It's a 2 hour drive with nothing happening, except for the speed limit dropping from 70 mph, down to 65 mph at the Ohio state line. There's a bit of construction, but it didn't slow down traffic. 

It's getting around time for lunch, but I pass up on the first service center, with the next one being 42 miles away (and just outside Cleveland) so,I opt for that. When I get close, I decide to pass the next one. But there's one big black cloud hanging over Cleveland. Just as I'm about to pass the service center, the rain starts. I'm just able to get off the highway just in time.


















By the time I get inside the service center, it is pouring. No McD's here, so it's Panera bread for a salad. 





I actually like McD's salads better, but the bread is nice. By the time I'm finished, the sun has come out. 





I'm back on my way and over to Cleveland Moto for a visit. 





Besides almost getting creamed by a woman in a pickup who didn't do a shoulder check, lucky for me, I could see it coming by the way she was driving and had a chance to make sure the lane on my left was clear, just in case. Good thing I did. 

Nice to see the new shop, but since I don't know who works at were, I head in to see who's there. It's James Roberson. I actually thought it would be Phil as he lives in the westside. 





A nice vintage section. Anyone looking for some back issues of Scootering for $3?  I ended up buying a vespa polo shirt and a present for Dave's 50th Birthday. Almost every scooterist I know had one of these in the 80's on their scooter. It should work really well with that Casa 225 kit you just got.




Happy Birthday Dave!!!!






Pint glasses, you'd think Phil is the owner.





A scoot in the Gringo theme would work . The silver metalflake, who wants to try. After hanging out for a while, it's time to check in to my motel and update the blog etc. I had to head over to Best Buy and get another Type C cable for the phone, I crushed my other cable closing the top box lid, Oops. Then over to the ATM for some money, because those Atlantic City Slot winnings just didn't last long. 


Then it's off to Porco Tiki lounge for Happy hour. It's not in the greatest neighborhood, but nothing you'd have to worry about. It takes about 20 minutes to get there. If I tried to do this in Toronto, and come in from the Airport, it would take at least an hour. In heavy traffic. No worries about traffic in Cleveland, it's smooth sailing. 




I park the bike and head inside. I'm not disappointed. It might not look like much on the outside, but inside it shines.




A hint of things to come.





It's still happy hour, one of those great USA customs. Which the Liquor Board of Ontario, got rid of at least 20 years ago. It kind of makes you forget how fun they can be.





Not my pic as I forgot to take a shot of  the actual menu.







Great and fun menu's

























Now, you cannot come to a Tiki bar and not order a drink. So after much debate I end up getting the "Planet of the Apes" which is a fruity cocktail with lots and lots of rum. James recommended the meatballs, which I went for. I did the "build you own" with a veal and pork ball, Parmesan cheese sauce and the Spinach salad. Which kind of keeps me on my diet. There's a good kick in that drink and Alby's feeling happy while having dinner. Lot's of people out on the patio, even with it being 90 degrees outside.



Not my pic as my phone camera doesn't like Tiki lounges.





Ya, it's looks all sweet and innocent, but don't let those good looks fool you. She's got a kick. 





This absolutely went perfectly with the "Planet of the Apes" cocktail. I really didn't need to eat any thing else, I was full. If your having more than one drink here, don't drive, really!

After having dinner and talking to a few people ( a bike with a trailer brings people out) I head back to the motel. O, I wish we had Cleveland's traffic in Toronto, as I'm back at the motel in 20 minutes. I fill up the bike, so it's ready for tomorrow. Update the blog, not really, as I ended up watching tv and going to sleep.




Total mileage, 1570

Daily mileage 155

No comments:

Post a Comment