Translate

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Into Pennsylvania and Hershey.

Day 2




I get up to a sunny and warm morning, nice! Anyway I pack up, and I'm on the road to my next stop, Coleman's Military Surplus.










So after a gas stop, I arrive 2 or 3 hours later. The roads around and about Coleman's are twisty and hilly, so I always enjoy driving there. I actually didn't pick up anything there this time. Not that I worry too much, as I can order online, and with all my camping crap in the trailer for Burwell, there really is not much room.

By now, it's lunch time, and my go to stop while on the road is McD's. I can hear the moans already. But it's not what you think. I always get a salad, and with the free internet it really is a easy decision.





I couldn't resist using yesterdays pic, because the only difference is instead of the diet coke, is they had diet Dr Pepper.


Today's destination is Hershey, PA, the home of Hershey chocolates. I've been there before, but have never done all the touristy crap. So since I'll be there the whole day, I book a motel as well. A hour or 2 later, I make it to the Hershey Museum.





 A good start, at least parking is free. So, I'm off into the Museum. $20 gets you into the museum and a class in the chocolate lab. It's ok, but if your pressed for time, just head over to Chocolate World.


Here's some pics of the museum:

Actually one of the rides in Hershey Park


You get the idea of what's in the Museum

                                    Ok, I did learn all about Hershey and how to make chocolate.


I really wanted this.

Then I saw these, I wanted them even more.



These were for sale in the museum store, I think when I get back home, I'll order some.

It was fun and messy.


My attempt at making a chocolate bar, much more taster than it looks. Plus you get to eat the chocolate in the bowl. From here I head over to Chocolate world which is a few blocks away.





Free parking, as long as you don't stay over 3 hours, and that won't be a problem for me. Chocolate world is free and a fun place to visit (unless your on a diet, :-(  ).




Lot's of fun stuff for sale and that's why I love riding on the bike (or scooter). Unless you really want it, you don't buy it. I'm still thinking of ordering them candles.





They don't actually do a factory tour, or I couldn't find one, so lets see what this is?






It's a ride!!!




                                                                   Singing cows!





















I think its real chocolate, it smells like it.


Kind of feels like a Disney ride.





A fun way to learn all about chocolate and the way it is made. As I said, if pressed for time, Chocolate World is better, that is, unless you have kids, then the opposite is true, as there is no way your getting out of Chocolate World without buying something for the kids. At the end of the tour they give you a free sample!





After a good hour or so, I head back, to my motel. I really can't say I saw one healthy thing in the store, but hey, that's the point.


Mileage today

Around 175 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment