Translate

Wednesday 12 July 2017

A little bit Hershey, a little bit Lancaster.







Day 3




I got up early this morning, but since nothing I want to do opens till at least 10 am, I took my time. 
did the 3 s's,  and since I could't find my instant coffee, I headed down to the local Starbucks, for a coffee that I could drink, and to buy some more instant coffee. If you've read any of my previous blogs,  the hotel/motel coffee is something to be avoided at all costs. I don't even bother trying to drink it anymore.





Me, updating yesterdays blog after having my coffee. Now it's (@7:30 am) and I'm updating yesterdays blog (day 2), as I just realized that Hersey is actually spelled Hershey. So it goes to show you, that spell check doesn't actually catch everything. I check out late, well, late for me, and I'm on the road at 11 am. My first stop is the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum

http://www.aacamuseum.org/



Since I passed the museum on the way to the motel yesterday, I knew where it was located, so 20 minutes later, I arrive. Not the biggest, but not the smallest by far.




How can you not love the Hershey Kissmobile?  Anyway, this is what greets you at the front of the museum. $12 admission with a $1 discount for AAA or CAA in Canada. Actually the only time I've used it, is to get my Piaggio MP3500 towed to the dealer ( and more than once). So on to the tour.




I laughed when I saw this Lincoln. My dad had one, and I drove it a lot. It really was not the most dependable car that we had. No heat until I starting to unplug vacuum lines, and I broke the seat. Ok, otherwise it wasn't a bad car.















Cars from the 1920's, and that really doesn't mean a lot to me. My dad would have seen way more of these back in the day. The one in the middle in the top pic was huge. They were easy to work on, anyway.








 Now, we get into cars I like. As by the description, the car is all original, it is really nice, almost unbelievably nice. Anyway, time to move on.



One of my older friends, Richard Cubbon, used to own a old Toronto Police Pinto Station wagon (if I remember right) and we had some great times driving around Toronto in it. 



 Wow, this is one really nice Imperial, I want it!




Anyway as I move along, more cars.





Now, onto what I would call the highlight of the museum and unknown to me. The Tucker collection, which I really didn't see coming.











The above pic is a panorama pic, so I have no idea on how it will come out till I publish. Good Luck.




These are really beautiful cars, and I've never seen more than one, now I've seen at least 4 together. 

















Here's a link that explains everything in the Tucker collection:

Tucker Automobiles: The Cammack Collection





A visit to the museum for the Tucker display is worth it on its own. So I'm really glad I took a chance and visited. Now I'm headed to the basement and the bus exhibit.  




I just barely remember these types of buses when I was a kid. My dad had to drive one of these lovely standard shifting buses, with no power steering. O joy, these must have been lots of fun to drive. 




Next comes the GM fishbowl.
It's one of the first buses that I drove. On my second day of bus training, my trainer gave us the GM without the power steering. Man, I couldn't turn that steering wheel fast enough to turn that bus. Real respect to those operators who had to drive the fishbowl with out power steering. Luckly for me the TTC were getting rid of them when I was training. These were one of the best buses ever built, it really was fun to drive. 




Trains!





A good scale guide:




I grew up with trains, I kind of wish I kept all of the sets that I bought over the years.


Look what I found, hey Josh, I found a nice GS for you!





It says that it sat at a dealer in Florida for 40 years. What, someone that I know, couldn't go down and buy it? Nice scoot though.




No idea what the above is.





Gives you a idea on the layout. So up to the scooter floor.

















To be honest, I like Fuji rabbits better, but none in the collection. I wish I bought that one in Montreal years ago. More like 30 years.
















An Allstate, but no Lambretta? Can someone please lend them a nice Lambretta for display. Please!





                                Nice Lammy poster though!


I do love these awards.












Well,  that's all for the museum and Hershey, so now I'm off to Lancaster, PA and some outlet malls. I was in Lancaster a few years ago, so hopefully some of the good stores are still there. It takes about 45 minutes to get there. As soon as I get there I hit up a $1 store to grab some stuff that I forgot to pack, it happens every time here's the list so far:

Toothbrush- brought toothpaste though
Ear cleaners
Instant Starbucks coffee, though not really, as I found it after buying another at Starbucks. 
Mouthwash
Deodorant- I did bring some, but it's almost empty.
Acetaminophen- got 3 containers at home.

I'm sure the list will grow as the days pass. But that's why I love dollar stores. Cheap and easy to stock up.

So now it's 1 pm and time for lunch.  Can you guess where I went?

If you've guessed McD's, you might be right.


Actually it's a new pic.


If you've guessed the bacon chicken ranch salad for lunch, your right. Keeping on the diet and not putting on weight while on vacation is important. 



Now for some shopping at a real outlet mall, and no, I don't mean the Tangers fake outlet malls that are scattered across the country . Where every Tangers outlet mall is the same and there really isn't any deals. Lancaster has one of the few independent remaining real outlet malls left. 

Now, my way of outlet shopping is not to walk, but to ride around until I find a store that I actually want to visit. So the first set of stores I pass until I find these.


$24.99, if your into Vans

I find both a VF store and a VF clearance store. I didn't buy anything there, but I did last time I went to Vegas to pick up the BMW to ride back, and had to buy some clothes. Because I kind of forgot to pack them (Opps). I hit up VF as you just can't beat the deals on jeans, tops, etc.  




They had a Harley store, the prices are good, but I really didn't need anything, so off to the next store. Fish, you need to go here.




For the first time this trip, I regret riding the bike and not bringing the car. It's a Coleman Factory outlet store. I know I'm not walking out of here without buying something.



Perfect for PVSC. His and hers.

If you ever needed a cooler, this is the store to come to. They must have almost everything Coleman sells. I even bought one for the BMW, for the top box.



                       Still reminds me of Vic, and will forever!





Tam, did you ever find one of the quads from this lantern? They are like $20 if you want another.




Who needs to go home with this oven.





Camping stove safety, can you guess which one caused this meltdown? I guessed wrong.

I spent $20 there, a flashlight (too good of a deal to pass up), a cooler for the motorcycle and a glow in the dark beer cosey.  





There were some other pics that I took and would have posted but they didn't seem to get saved on my phone :-(


Anyway, time to go book into my motel and get some supplies.

I decide on BBQ for dinner. 




To be honest, it was about on par with the last BBQ place I went to in Grimsey. The Brisket was a bit to dry, and I had to add the included BBQ sauce to make it better. I blame Rene for this. After going to Cherry Beach BBQ and getting spoiled by this great BBQ shop, I now judge all, by Cherry beach, and no one has lived up to it. Though the one in Pigeon Falls, TN was pretty good.

So back to the motel to eat dinner and update this blog, so goodnight folks!

Mileage today,  around 100


No comments:

Post a Comment