Translate

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Back in the ABQ.

I got another good nights sleep. So now I'm off to the dealer to get that tire replaced. I'm lucky as they can fit me in no problem. Unfortunately, no free service vehicles. Its a rental car for me :-(. They do give you a dealers rate, so it's not too bad.

First stop is, for one of those great breakfast burritos that I had on the "breaking bad " tour last year, @ Los Pollos Hernando's . It's actually Twister's.



Man, these burritos are even better than I remember. I'm in heaven.

Ingredients:
Ground beef
Sour cream
Bacon
Sausage
Cheese

Mmmm.

The sign is ironic, if your a Breaking Bad fan.


Just in case you were wondering:


The ostrich was still there, but I couldn't see the Lima today. From here I head back downtown and head over to "Chuck's house from "Better call Saul". So I end up passing a few familiar places.


Here's the laundry, and if you look or zoom the pic, you'll see the sign for the " Dog House", just down the street.

Chuck's house is just down the street from the Pinkman abode.


10 minutes later and I'm over at "Mike's" day job at the parking booth.






Just in case you were wondering, your seeing the ABQ convention centre in the background. The court house is at least a 5 min walk away.

Next I'm over to " Mike's house. Which is only a 5 min drive away from the parking lot.


Now I'm off to southwest ABQ to see Tuco's house. Tuco wasn't home, just a nice old lady who couldn't speak English :-)


From Tuco's, it's over to the offices of Saul Goodman. The last time I was there it was vacant. Now there's a bar in there.


Its nice and also smart of them to keep the lettering.




What can I say, I never pass up a military surplus store. A good selection, but as I'm on the bike, it would have to be special for me to buy.

Now I'm off to the National Museum of Nuclear Science and Technology. I have no idea on what to expect. I was not disappointed. This next section is for nuclear weapons geek's. Being a child of the cold war, I grew up with some of this stuff.

If your not into it, just scroll on through.


These are not mock ups. They are the real deal, just with all the innards taken out.


The gadget, below, however is a recreation.


I could fit this little guy in my trailer.




This is known as a Backpack nuke.


Here's MIRV. Before and after reentry.


 
The Trident missile, it's a lot bigger than I thought. The Ohio class that carries it must be huge.


Ever wonder on how they upload the "codes". Now you know.



A 105mm shell, as you can guess, this one is a little special.



A selection of the boxes that keep the weapons safe and secure.


The outside displays.


I was surprised, the Polaris was a lot smaller than I thought.









The Mark 17.






















I really enjoyed the visit to the museum and considering I got stuck here for the day, I've had a really good time.



Those clouds you see over the mountains came over in the afternoon. So there were some thunderstorms and we had rain all night and into the morning.


Milage today 2, driving to the dealer.






No comments:

Post a Comment