Translate

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Another day, another part of Detroit.

So today I'm back to the Henry Ford museum. To do the F-150 truck plant tour, and see Greenfeld village. The first was closed for retooling when I was last here, and thunderstorms stopped me going to the village. First though, is a stop at Starbucks for a coffee. Are you wondering on how the instant Starbucks is standing up? It doesn't really taste like the Pikes Place I buy at the store, but it's still miles ahead of the motel coffee. So its a keeper. Then I head over to the Henry Ford museum and the Rouge plant tour.


The tour was great. The only problem is
that you can't take any pictures :-). To see
a working plant putting together the F-150
was cool. For some pics hit the link below.



So back to the Henry Ford museum, and the Springfield village. Henry Ford built the village to save a lot of old, historical buildings. 




Being Ford, you have lots of early vehicles driving around. Want a ride in a model T? No problem.



That's right, the Heinz empire started right here.














The village has buildings from the 1600's up to the 1930's. Lot's of live recreation's. Lot's of walking. So if your going to come to the Henry Ford Museum, do it in the following order. 1. Factory Tour, to beat the crowds. 
2. The Henry Ford Museum. 3. Greenfeld village. On a nice day, you can knock all three off, but if you can't, do the first two.

Since I've got some time, I'll head up to "Hard Core Pawn". It's up on 8 mile. South of 8 mile is dodgy, north of 8 mile is nice. So you get customers from both sides of the tracks (or mile). 




I had a good look around, there were a few things that did interest me. But in the end I walked out empty. Though that Rolex Submariner really interested me. None of the " Stars" were about, but its a nice shop and I visit again. I know what your asking, there were no fights or arguments happening when I was there.



I head back to the motel. Since the weather is going to hold for the next couple of days, I decide to stay one more day. The Motown museum is closed Sundays and Mondays, so everything is coming together. Well I go online to check out the rates and they've gone up. I head down to the front desk and see what they can do. No problem, as they give me the same rate and extend me one more day. Now to catch up on two days of blogs.


Daily mileage  54 miles - 128 km

Total mileage  2453 miles - 3935 km


No comments:

Post a Comment