Translate

Thursday 9 October 2014

The big one, or my west coast adventures. Day 29



Since I've stayed a D's before, and have slept well there , so I got exactly what I wanted, a good sleep. I needed it after that great, but long day. 500 mile days on the bike are tiring. Then I head down to the Golden Nugget for my Starbucks coffee. With my coffee, I spent the rest of the morning updating the blog. Long day = long blog.



 This system is different, but I've stayed here before and it seems to speed things up.

 The view from my room. The lower part of Freemont.  It's also the quiter side of Freemont.


 Not to bad. It was the second place I went to. Not all storage spaces are created equal.  Some of the reviews of Las Vegas' s storage places are scarry. People sleeping there,  break ins, etc. This one costs a bit more, but I'm happy with it.  She'll go into storage on Friday.  I come back in February for the Las Vegas rally. Guess what I'll be riding. The plan is to then come back in May and drive it back to Niagara for the rally.  Now over to the outlet mall and Dickies.


 Only one man I know who could make this work, that is, Jason Morris. Me, I pass. Unfortunately for me, Dickies has moved out. Slowly all the good shops have been replaced by more expensive shops, ie Hugo Boss, etc. It's a trend I'm seeing more and more. Reno, here, Niagara Falls, etc. Also, not the place to buy luggage.  Even Adidas had nothing this time.



I know, In-n-out again. But, end of the day a cheeseburger and a large drink for under $5.  That's what I wanted, cheap and good, now only if they had bacon. I'm back to the cheap luggage hunt. Cheap luggage in Vegas isn't that easy. Marshall's,  Target,  T J Max's,  etc. All had nice stuff, but over priced.  Wallymart won this round. $39 for a Coleman duffel bag with wheels. I've got good luggage at home. I need a cheap weekend bag.


 This one's for you Devia,  I saw it and thought of you.


 Now that everything is done, I can enjoy Vegas and my first stop is the Pinball Museum.

 New game. Hey, not as easy as it looks.

 My high score 😦 Not too happy.  If you're ever in town, see if you can beat it.


 I did something like this to my dad with Lotto 6-49. He really thought I won.


This reminds me to do the big wheel this trip. It is huge and looks impressive.  We shall see.


Tomorrow,  Check out and into next years Rally Hotel, Laundry for the last time, and time for gambling.  
=====================================


No comments:

Post a Comment