Translate

Sunday 5 October 2014

The big one, or my west coast adventures. Day 25



It's my last full day in San Francisco,  so to make the most of it, I'm back on the tour bus to finish the tours, and visit a few neighborhoods.

I leave early and head down to the port, to head over to Alcatraz.  I decide to hit up the cable car as the tour bus doesn't start up till 9 am.

 It's $6 to ride one way or you can buy a day pass for $15. I just got the one way, as I still have my tour pass. The First one was packed to the gills, no problem, as I still had to finish my coffee. They will send every second or third on out partly empty to pick up people on route. I got on one of those.

 This dude works,  he's the gripman and operates the cable car. There's a lot to do.

 Hills going up.

Hills going down.

The cable car takes me down to fisherman's wharf.  It's nice part is that it's quite down here, without all the tourists.
 It's free and you get 20 minutes.  Bet ya theses are busy on Friday and Saturday nights.


 This is San Francisco,  this could mean/be many things. I'll leave it to your imagination.

 Boudin,  I will be back.

 You can drop your kids of at McD's,  and then head to the dungeon.  San Francisco is progressive ;-)

 I haven't see the Toronto one yet!

 No idea why I took this one. After looking at I can see why. You ca see Telegraph hill and the pyramid building in the background.

 The never ending Pier buildings.

This bit. Looks like you have to book in advance.  I have no idea where I will be Tuesday.  I know it won't be in San Francisco.  


 This is about as close as I will get.  The model they have on display. No problem,  there's a streetcar stop just down the street that will take me back to where the tour bus takes their bus over the Golden Gate Bridge.

 They let me operate one of these once. Actually it's not as easy as you think. Lucky me, the farebox was out of order, and like the TTC, it means a free ride.

 I go to the end of the line where's there's a Starbucks.  I've got to waste some time before the first tour starts for the day.

 Well I got to see it. It isn't perfect, but close enough.

 Back on the tour bus.

 The bricks identify where there are huge water tanks in case of a earthquake and fire.

 These I remember from "Dirty Harry"

 They let you off here, so you can walk across. I pass.

 5 lanes "O" fun.
 Needs another paint job.
 The views are stunning. She's from Australia.


 It's tall. Nice to finally go over it. Tomorrow I'll ride over it.

 Panorama,  it will be nice to see these on my computer when I get home.

 Golden Gate selfie,  me and 200 other tourists.


Nice view of San Francisco though. 


 These few pics are of Sausalito,  kind of reminds me of Klindburg.  But with a better view.



 Hopefully this video came out fo me crossing the Golden Gate.

 Ghirardelli chocolate factory. Well it's the old one. Now it's just offices and free samples and a store.

 How could a guy walk past here,  I couldn't.

I could use one of these at work.

I'm sure they are online,  check them out.

Just a really nice pic.

Back to sourdough heaven.


My selfie with Lady Gaga.  Not my first choice,  but I don't want to pay to get in. Is there a city without a Madam Tussauds wax museum?

"Fog City" from "I married a Axe Murder"

Motorcycle & scooter parking done right @ .60 cents per hour.
Let's not forget parking control. 

 Union square, it's where you go for shopping. Or for me, to catch the tour bus to Heigh-Ashberry.
 A cool old bank.
 Funny that you find Ben & Jerry's at the corner of Haight/Asbury.  Guess I know how to spell it now.
 This place is huge. It used to ba a old bowling alley,  a big bowling alley.

 My impressions of the area. Lots of cool vintage clothing shops. The are still hippies about (everywhere else, you call them homeless and squiggly kids) . If you remember 80's Toronto head shops, there here. Some 60's hippie shops selling 60's posters etc and some cool record shops. You do have to go there when in San Francisco.  Since my tour bus didn't show up I took the transit instead.
 That's the wait as the train/light rail is leaving.
It was so hot, the birds just sat there.

It's a early morning for me tomorrow,  so back to the hotel and chill for a bit and catch up on the blog

=====================================


No comments:

Post a Comment