Translate

Thursday 17 July 2014

Hurricane Arthur, The East Coast, and Lammyjammy, part 7

Well I wake up to a nice sunny morning. It looks like it rained last night, but I didn't hear a thing :-)  The first place I head to is Starbucks, it's always nice to treat yourself once in a while. Also for the first time ever I was the only one in there, that is if you don't count the drive-in though.

No hurry today as I've only got 100 odd miles to go. But first, I've got some laundry to do. I've been on the road 7 days, so it's time. I didn't pick the best place, as they charged $2 for one of those small boxes of soap. But to have clean clothes, so it's worth it.



In just a little over an hour its done, well dry enough to hang dry in my room later. So back on Hyw 1. I really tried to like this road, but mile after mile of lights and things like the auto mile (car dealers) I head back on I-95. With Hyw 1 running along prime beach coast I shouldn't have expected nothing else. Now I totally get were Henry Cole from "The worlds greatest motorcycle rides" is coming from on his Route 1 comments and why to start the ride from Washington DC instead of Boston.  Unfortunately the best part of Hyw 1 is the part from Canada to Portland or Washington DC to Florida , and I missed the part that the ferry cuts out.

Well its time for lunch and I'm looking for a lobster roll. Which I find. I also hit the local Max BMW dealership, a highly recommended shop for repairs and customer service. but on the accessories side, nothing interesting, but I did buy some nice riding socks and some waterproof stuff for my gloves.

Lot's of lobster makes Alby happy.

As I get nearer Boston I follow the GPS. It was a bad idea, as it wanted to send me on all these secondary roads. So now I'm in traffic, and Boston is not known for its flatness. I do manage to get myself back on the interstate and into downtown Boston. Traffic wasn't too bad, well to Toronto standards anyway. I end up going by a Whole foods which is just down the road from the run hotel. So I stop in to buy supplies for the weekend, something I would do a few times. I also forgot that I booked the room from Friday to Sunday, it's my fault as I couldn't find the info before I left. For the next big trip, I'm starting a folder to keep everything handy. Not a problem as they had lot's of people checking out for all the arrivals tomorrow. I ended up getting a ground floor room at the end. Nice with a kitchenette, so I can eat in, which means reheating those wings I bought at Whole foods.

This is where the bike would stay all weekend, Boston and BMW don't go together.

A few showing up early and unloading

 
And a couple of more.

Now for the bad news, I didn't really feel like going to the BBQ, so I ended up getting some sleep with the intention of getting up later on and seeing everyone. Well I slept through until morning. I've been on the road a week and guessed my body needed some sleep.


Day 7

Daily mileage 120 miles/193km
Total mileage 1702 miles/ 2739km

=====================================================================
=====================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment