Translate

Thursday 19 September 2019

LA, running around, and on to the mouse.




Day 15



Since I was tired, I went to bed. Woke up early, worked on the blog, went back to bed. 

Since the BMW motorcycle dealership doesn't open till 10 am, I enjoyed the sleep. It's a dead

zone around this motel, so it's either Denny's or McD's. I went with McD's, as they make a passable

Latte. So by 9:30 am, I'm all packed up, checked out and ready to roll. The dealer is only 20 

minutes away. So I pull in right at 10 am. Still the same people, same mechanic. I'm in and out by

11 am. 



            A mini twin. It would work great for one of the hobbits. Chris, want to tour with me!

                                                              Cushman 2's as well.




                         If I win the lottery, I love to ride this, but do I love to ride enough for a $30k ride?



                                          That's what I'm looking for, just in a bigger size



 Found the bigger size, though it only comes with the holder. At least I know it's around and cheap.

Be warned, this shop has lots of dogs, friendly, playful, you will be entertained while you wait.




                                            The bike all ready to go and the trailer back on.


From here, I went down the street, to a motorcycle parts supplier, which happens to be the same one

who I bought my cut down riding gloves in Reno at.

The salesclerk had the piece, $5, and I'm good to go. I install it in the parking lot.

Since my phone popped out of my Ram mount on the scooter, and didn't have it's 

protective case on, at the time, I kind of sensitive about mounting it properly. $400 later, sensitive.


It's now noon and I've gotten everything out of the way for today. I'm actually surprised it's gone so

well. I google locations for showing the Liverpool vs Napoli. English pub, just down the road, 

sounds great. $2 for 2 hours of metered parking, I'm good to go.

I cross the street and find out they have valet parking. I grab a table in  back, and order some lunch.





They had fancy named pizzas, with nothing that I really wanted. So I asked for, lot's of meat and 

cheese. They delivered, sliced banger's on a pizza, I like it.  This was a pretty big pizza, but the game

is 90 minutes long, so it worked out, just fine. Though, thinking about it later, after Liverpool losing

2-0, maybe I shouldn't had ordered a Italian pizza.  Since everything has gotten done early, I could

book my hotel room stay for the rest of my trip. Which means Anaheim.


During my research, and with the house also being in the news. I knew around where the Brandy

Bunch house was. With it being just 5 minutes of the highway, how could I not stop by.



It's in a nice neighborhood, Studio City, which isn't far off from Universal Studio's. Unfortunately,

they are doing a series on the house "A Very Brady Reno" or something like that. There was a

bidding war for this house. It sold for 3.5 million.


Brady house plans, sale, etc


There's even a contest where you can stay in the Brady house in December, round trip flight and

$25K spending cash.




                                                     A view looking down the street


From here, it's back onto the LA freeway system. It's 2 pm, so it's on. So LA freeways are either

going at 75 mph, and you better be on your A game.

 First rule, never be in anyone's blind spot.  Because if you are, the next thing you know,

 he/she will be in your lane. Lane splitting, my bike is really just to big for this.

You'll notice that the bikes that do this, are narrow. Though, I watched a cop do it on

his BMW twin. So it takes me more or less 2 hours to go from one end of LA to the other.  Not fun.

So I'll be hanging around the mouse house for the rest of the trip (Disneyland).

 It's easy to catch a train to Union Station from here. Which I'll be doing tomorrow,

 for hopefully those Jimmy Kimmel tickets come through, (I'm on a stand by list).



There is nothing more annoying, then watching google maps adding time on,

for when you will arrive to your destination.

 I do make it, and since I upgraded my room using all my points, I have a nice

little suite. I do a run down to the local grocery store for supplies for my long stay. After that I

start to watch the last season of "Preacher" and fall asleep.



Mileage, it's 5 am, so I'll update it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment