Translate

Tuesday 17 September 2019

On to LA and the end of the riding trip




Day 14



I get up early, as usual, to work on the blog and then go back to sleep. There's no need to head out

early, as LA is only 3 hours away. Finally, I'm in a hotel with a espresso bar. So I get a good Latte

in the morning. I'm in Santa Maria, and the last time I was here, it was for a stop to do Laundry.

Funny, on how you only remember those details when riding into a town. It's now 8:30 am, and I'm 

starting today's blog, and packing up for today's ride.





                                                       Finishing off yesterdays blog.







When I pack up all my crap on the bike, I notice something missing. My case with my "Action

Camera" that I keep meaning to work on, but never seem to. As I go to check out, I ask if anyone

has turned in the case. One of the maids did. So a good tip to the maid, and I got my hopefully, I can

get my hero cheapo clone working.


From here I head south on the 101 highway down to LA. Around Santa Barbara, I notice that the

trailer lights are not working. So I find a Starbucks on route, as I've got to find a dealership to

do a oil change service as well. I pull over in Carpinteria, at the Starbucks and dig out the electrical

tester. All the lights on the bike work and all the way down to the plug. So I follow the wiring into

the trailer and find the hidden plug.




                                                         Could it be so simple?





Yep, the plug had vibrated loose. So I'm good to go after packing everything back in the bike.

I head into Starbucks for a coffee and internet. Most dealers are closed today. So I'll wait until

tomorrow. I also put a post on the Lt forum, just in case the local option on dealers has changed in

the last 5 years. I update the blog and book a motel in the Sherman Oaks area, as the dealer that

I used last time I was here is in the area. The front tire that I thought that I'd have to replace, is

holding up well. So I'll save that for a later day. I end up booking a room up in Santa Clarita, which

is just North West LA. The reason I'm up here is, there's is a dealer that I like, and I have to take the

bike in for a oil change. So I take the 101 to the 126 and a ride through the orange orchards.


Lot's of orange tree's out here, but there's no traffic and a hour and 1/2 later I'm at my motel. Not in

the greatest of area's, but it will do. First I pull into the Vagabond Inn down the street, which by the

name, describes the motels clientele down to a tee. I find my motel and check in. It's 2 pm, but they

allow me to check in early. So what to do, I notice on Google maps there is a regional  train service

running from a station not to far away. So why not go downtown. I really don't want to drive the bike

downtown if I don't have to.


I grab a Lyft ride and get to the train station, next train in 15 minutes becomes 1/2 hour, but it takes

me to Union Station in about 1/2 hour.




                That's so I remember where to get off when I return, that and what train to take.



                            I have to wait to buy tickets, as they are fixing both of the machines





                                                               I'm not the only one.





                                                      A station is a station. Everywhere.





Well that schedule rather limits things. Well at least I've not got to long to wait. But I won't be

staying out late!





                                                 The cars look familiar, just like home.





                                                      I wish I could just fly myself around.





                                                                        The LA river.




Who gets to drive their car along the river? I found out later down the tracks they were doing some

construction work.



If you get the time, the overnight to Seattle or Portland is a great trip to take. Almost as good as

riding the coast. But if you can, the ride is much better.




I get to Union station and follow the signs to the Red line, which takes me up to Hollywood. Subway

trains leave every 10 minutes. You sure do get spoiled by Toronto's every 2 or 3 minutes during rush

hour or 5 minutes at every other time. LA's subway trains are quick, much faster than Toronto's. It

takes around 15 minutes to get up to Hollywood and Highland. That's where you go if your a tourist,

and that's me.





                         I could not resist, I grabbed a 2 scoop in a dipped bowl at Ghirardelli's.




                                                                         Rod the "Mod"





                                 Ryan Reynolds, he must have gotten this for "Green Lantern"




          One of the men who brought us James Bond. It's a good way to have your name live on.




                                                             The me, I'm in LA picture!




If you get the chance, go see a movie in the Chinese theater. You can feel the history just walking

around, that, and they have lots of movie props about.






Some of the other tourist traps. It also seems to be a good place to catch a tour bus, as there had to

be 10 or 20 different companies working for your business.








                                            You can see the Hollywood sign from here.



                                                                   You can if I zoom in!





                                               And I thought these were only at Airports.




                That's the thing about Hollywood, there are signs for TV shows everywhere.




I really shouldn't have had that ice cream, I could have gotten this instead. A picture to remind me to

go back Wednesday if those Jimmy Kimmle tickets come through.









            A nice walk down Hollywood Blvd down to Vine. There still are some oldies around.






                                    Halloween is coming, I could go as a bad 70's cop




                                Even the old hedgehog has his mark on Hollywood Blvd




                                                       And the Skipper too.......




                                         You can see it from almost everywhere.




                                    Some things never change, and this is one of them.





   Grabbing the train back, they also have streetcars here as well. Everything goes to Union Station.





Sometimes you just can't get away from reminders of home, yea, Go train.




 The sun sets and it's time for me to get back to the motel, have a bite to eat and get some sleep.




Today's mileage 147 miles or 237 km


Total for trip.   4464 miles or 7184 km


























No comments:

Post a Comment