Translate

Thursday 19 September 2019

LA and being a tourist.




Day 16




Today, I really slept in,  I do the 3 S's, and update the blog. Which I forgot to post yesterday, the

second day in a row.



                Still working on the cheapo action camera, which I've more or less, got to work.



I check the train schedule, Google does, make it so easy. It's a 1/2 hour for the next train leaving to

LA, so I catch a Lyft to the station. I get there and the next train is in 5 minutes.

Since one of the escalators is out of order, I just make it.

There are two types of trains that leave here, Amtrak and Metrolinks. The only 

real difference is the Amtrak is a express, and Metrolinks is not. Amtrak costs twice as much, and

since the ticket lady works for Amtrak, you can guess which one I got on. Lesson learned.





           Lot's of room, and not to busy. That's why I waited until after rush hour, to head into LA.





                                                                     Great view.




                                      If you look really hard, you can see downtown LA.





                           I've seen this somewhere before, I think the locomotive is stalking me.



    The grand hall, Union station. Everything runs out of here. Bus to the Airport, regional, and 

                                                                   intercity. It works well. 






I wish they had these rules in our subway, (Toronto), and for the most part, everyone seemed to obey

them. That, and there is a bigger police presence through out the system. Plus, you see many more

employees as well.



                                                                     Some subway art.




                                                         Gritty downtown LA, I like it!



                                                       Independence Day building!





        A really nice selection of Knife's. It brings back memories of my George Brown College days.

                Plus, I looked in a pawn shop as well. That's one of the things I'll be doing today.















                                                                 I do love neon.





Downtown LA's, food market. I just happen to walk through it as I was going to Angles Flight. It was

just a bit to early for me to have lunch. But the selection here is second to none. If your in downtown

LA, this is the place to have lunch or dinner. But I didn't come here for food, I came here for "Angles

flight"



   
  Ok movie, but love the 1960's Las Vegas scenes in it, plus Elke Sommer is smoking in this movie.


There are lot's of other movies that Angles Flight has appeared in as well.

Angles Flight history etc...



















A great ride, and it's only 50 cents each way with a TAP card, which is just like Toronto's Presto card.

I did get a all day transit pass of $7. I found it very easy to get around, with lots of local and express

buses. With Google maps, just tell it where you want to go, press the bus button, and your route is

all laid out.




                      A auto repair plaza. What a great idea, every business has 1,2, or 3 bays.


After this, I did a lot of Pawn shop hunting. Didn't find anything. It was either really cheap stuff, or

some really good expensive stuff. But nothing in the range I was looking for. I bought a cheap army

surplus West German bag, to store some stuff that I can't bring on my carry-on. I just have the feeling

my Leatherman won't make it on the plane. 








                                                           Chewie, you're a bit short!




                                                  Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.




                                                          This man can make great movies.




Well that didn't work out, so no Jimmy Kimmel for me. As I consul myself with some great fried

chicken Ramen. I was going to get the pork, but this fried chicken was impressive. This was great

Ramen. It almost made up for not getting in for Jimmy. Almost :-((




                       I'm really glad I came back for the Ramen. I'd go back, if it was closer.






Back on the train, Metrolinks this time, and at half the price. It's packed, but everyone gets a seat.





What a great idea at a train station. Pick up a book to read, it's about 45 minutes each way. Then

drop off in the slot. Anaheim updated this station into a regional hub. It's nice, new and easy to get

around. From here I grab a Lyft. These guys are everywhere. I learned really fast, not to make the

request until you need them. The most I've had to wait, is less than 5 minutes. Back to my hotel, a

few drinks and snacks, then to bed. Tomorrows going to be a long Disney day. I bought my tickets

through the hotel. They give you a bit of a discount. Charged right to the room. Then upload the

barcode to the app, and your good to go.


No miles on the bike today :-(


Now for the elephant in the room. I gotta say that I find the people in LA way more mannered that in

Toronto. From letting little old lady's on the bus first. To giving up their seats. I just found LA a

way more friendly place than Toronto (people wise). Which surprised me. I can totally understand

why Anastasia Synn loves LA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment