Translate

Sunday 27 October 2019

Some unfinished business, and the end of part 1





Day 19 and 20



As most people do, I try and cram the most things in, that I can do before flying back. So after being

worn out from yesterday, I'm heading back today for Disneyland's California Adventure. It would be

nice to have a off day to relax and recharge, but since I'm flying out tomorrow night, it's either now,

or when I return. 





Another good coffee day. I don't ask for too much, but a good cup of coffee goes a long way. That,

and I picked up some frozen sausage patties from the grocery store. So I'm good to go.




This is really the last chance that I'll have to update the blog for more or less a week. That's what

happens when I try to cram everything into the couple of last days.




                  The line ups for Disneyland were large, not so much for California Adventure.




I do the same as yesterday, I hit up Starbucks, grab a coffee and some egg bites, and sit on the bench

waiting for the rope drop.




                             Me and 100 other people head down to "Guardians of the Galaxy"





                                                        A few people beat me there first.




A nice pre show, and with all of the items "collected", you'll be kept busy while you wait in line.




                                                      It's a big jewel, or something.































                            "If you let me out, I'll let you live" Na, I'll just leave you there!





                                                        But, it's not "The" hammer.








Of  course, I was at the one place were you couldn't see Rocket well. I've see this part on YouTube, so

no worries.









Waiting for the elevator, and no filming while on the ride. One thing I have to say. That if your not

awake before riding this, you will be after.

 It's a fun interactive ride, but compared  to "Tower of Terror", it comes off second best.

 Not to take away from it, but it just is. Thankfully, Disney world is doing a different

"Guardians of the Galaxy"  ride, and not converting their "Tower of Terror". Which is good.




                          Cute, something that doesn't need to be there, but is funny. Win!





                                              In the back row, enjoying the ride.





Of course, you end up in the gift shop afterwards. I liked the mug, but shipping a china mug back

home just won't work. Plus, honestly, if I still want it after the trip I can order one. Guess what, now

that I'm home, I really don't need it. Disney marketing, you almost got me.




              Gotta admit, it looks good, I might re ride later, but tummy says, "Not right now"




 Funny on how I only noticed now that "Frozen" is actually playing in the theater. When it

comes time to write the blog?






                     Just wondering if they actually used these great detail dolls for anything else?




       I head down to "Cars Land"  for the next ride I've been looking forward too. Mater looks lonely.





                                                        Not  too busy, which is good.




Having done Route 66 in another motorcycling adventure, I've driven past most of these landmarks

for real. It's funny to see Disney's take on these iconic Route 66 landmarks.




                                                          More stores and food outlets.




     I didn't know there were more food outlets behind here. Not that it mattered, it's still really early.




The second ride that I came for was "Radiator Springs Racers". I had a Maxpass for this. A 5 minute

wait for this. If you go in the single rider line, there was no wait.



                                                               This is one big ride.




For me, this has to be the best ride in California Adventure. Fun, not to short, some fast, some slow.

It's a ride that you could do again, and again.




                          Lot's of Cars stuff for you to buy, thankfully, nothing to interest me.




Next, I'm over to Pixar Pier. I don't really feel like going on the roller coaster, so the Ferris wheel it is.




          I think "Mr Potato Head" puts on a show, but nothing was going on while I walked passed.




       I take a ride on the Ferris wheel. The one that swings back and forth. It's a relaxing ride.




Unfortunately the Lazy river ride is down, so I wait a bit, but it still seems to be down, so I continue

walking.









Soarin, I've heard of it, but don't really know what to expect. It was fun, and it doesn't make you sick!




             By far, the best t-shirts in the park. I can think of a few couples that could wear these.




                                                   Some more assorted Star Wars crap.




It's lunch time and I head over to Disney Downtown, or Springs, or  whatever they call it, and have

lunch. I ended up having some Jambalaya, totally forgetting about going to "Earl of Sandwich"

again.



                      A stop in Lego-land and to see all the really expensive Lego sets I cannot afford.









              Actually the Saturn V is reasonably priced. Thank god I have no  room to bring it back.









                                           Out of the two, I'd go for the Roadmaster bus.





                          Still the king, because, who would  not want  to build the Falcon.




                                          Ok, so maybe it's a little overpriced. Still?




         Something is up with the Monorail. I guess I've just come on the wrong day, twice in a row.




I was feeling tired and headed back to the hotel. After relaxing, I decided to head over to the local

outlet mall and look around.




Bose outlet store. Tempting, but how many Speakers does one need in ones house. I guess as I get

older it seems easier just to say no to impulse buying. Good  for  me. I ended up seeing a movie.





Not the greatest of movies, but not the worst. After that I rode back to my hotel and started packing

for my last day.




The 20th and Last Day.



Last day's on vacations are always bittersweet. You are still on vacation, but the end is near. So

today's plan is to check out, park the bike at LAX and head into LA to waste some time, and get in

some last minute attractions. So one of the big questions is where does one park their bike in LA

when away? Usually I rent a storage locker for a month or however long I need it. But when I

researched LA parking, LAX free motorcycle parking came up. LAX offers free motorcycle parking

as long as you don't take up a car parking space. This is right from the airport authority. You  can't

leave it there for 6 months, but a month is fine. With all of the security that is around the airport, it

is the safest place in LA to park your bike. I head there early just in case something comes up and I

have to get a storage locker nearby.




       As you can see, I had no problems getting by the entrance gate and finding a place to park.




 The battery is disconnected and a cover put on top. There are lot's of other bikes, and bikes that are

 worth way more then mine, so there should be no problems. If something happens,

  that's why you have insurance. Back up plan, if the bike is gone, I'm off to Japan for 4 weeks.




                                           Plenty of other bikes  all through the parking garage.




                            With that all done, now I can head into LA for some last day fun and food.



Not to hard to find. I want to go to the Metro Green Line. Bus every 20 minutes. I waited 10 minutes.

Then the fun begins. I grab the shuttle bus over to the Green Line. Once at the Green Line, I find  out

that it's closed on the weekends for repairs. No problem as they are running a shuttle.  The shuttle was

leaving but stopped just in time to pick us up. Of course I get off at the wrong stop and have to wait

for another shuttle. After working that out I get to the part of the Green Line that is working and take

that to the Grey Line and onto Union Station. Little did I know that it was also under repair and I'd be

taking another shuttle bus.  So after a hour and a half, one crazy homeless lady, and a nice bus ride

through east LA and Compton, I finally make it to Union Station.









Unlike our guys in Toronto, there actually seems to be a lot of work going on during the weekend

closer. I do know this line was running during the weekday. After Union Station I head over to the

downtown market for some lunch. After getting there, and how busy it is on the weekends, I passed.

So, if your going to the market, do it during the weekdays! Since I've only go a hour or 2 left before

heading to the airport I head back to Hollywood and Highland for some ramen and people watching.


The ramen was good and filling, so I start to head down to Hollywood and Vine to catch the shuttle

bus back to LAX. To which in hindsight, I should have got, but cheapo me wanted to save a few

$$$. Little did I  know it's only $8. Oh well.




Now I know why everyone hates LAX, outdated, unless you fly international, and by international, I

mean not Canada. I find a plug and watch some movies while waiting for my flight.




Boarding the aircraft goes ok, though I'm stuck in a full row. So I ask the flight attendant if I could

move to the empty back row. I get a sorry, but that's for crew rest. I was disappointed. But then came,

I'll see what I can do. The flight wasn't full, so a seat was found, thanks west jet, and the people

beside me thank you as well.  That made for a pleasant flight. We land at 6 am, and the long, long,

long walk to Canada customs begins. 10 to 15 minutes later I arrive at Customs and pass through

without any problems. Over to the UP express, which with next train leaving in 23 minutes was any

thing other than an express. I get to Union station just in time to catch a eastbound go train. One stop

later and a Lyft ride, I'm home. It's 8 am and time to go to bed as I've got to work at 6 pm.  The only

saving grace is that I'm on standby, so hopefully I don't go out (and I didn't).



Being the procrastinator that I am. I'm actually finishing this blog as I wait to head back to LA at

Pearson Airport.



Part 2 tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment